Become a professional coach with our ILM Accredited Executive Coach Training course. This online coaching course is delivered through Zoom and includes everything required to become an executive coach, whether internal or external, and an authentic coaching manager.
The Executive Coach Training Course was designed by coaching pioneers Sir John Whitmore and Carol Wilson (both pictured on the right delivering the first course in 2007, with our Head of Training James Wright).
The training is based on the GROW model, incorporates Tim Gallwey’s “Inner Game” principles, and benefits from Carol Wilson’s experience as a corporate MD and director in industry, including ten years at board level with Sir Richard Branson.
Our online training has proved to be as inspiring and energising as the live version, because of the highly interactive nature of the training, with frequent breakouts into pairs and small groups.
Who is this course for?
The Executive Coaching Course is for anyone wishing to become a professional coach, whether internal or external, a leader managing in a coaching style, or people who want to improve their skills in communication and emotional intelligence. People who attend this course tend to be:
- Managers at all levels in the workplace
- Executives and independent practitioners
- Learning and Development Heads
- HR Executives
- Consultants wishing to enhance their coaching skills or add coaching to their portfolio
- People wishing to coach in any area: coaching skills are fundamental and as well as being useful in organisations can be applied to any field, eg personal, health, fitness, education, finance and running a small business.
What does this course cover?
The Executive Coaching Course covers foundation coaching skills, the GROW model, and coaching structure, and raises awareness of self and one’s impact on others:
- Permission Protocol
- The coaching-mentoring-managing continuum
- The Coaching Mindset
- Goal setting
- Strategic action planning
- The GROW model
- Managing a coaching business
- Best practice
- An introduction to supervision
- Self-limiting beliefs
- Reference manual
How long is this course?’
This executive coach training course is delivered online over 5 days spread across 4-6 weeks. It includes practical assignments with co-coaching between participants in between the sessions to embed the learning, providing fluency and authenticity.
The Executive Coach Training Course is:
- Designed by coaches for coaches
- Structured to be practical, embed the skills for the long term and use participants’ time efficiently
- Uses best practices refined and shaped by the feedback of hundreds of attendees
- Based on proven methods such as the GROW model, and the use of unique and novel learning techniques
Certification on the Executive Coach Training Course
Participants receive the credential CfPAC (Coaching for Performance Accredited Coach) incorporating the title of Sir John Whitmore’s best selling book, in recognition of his contribution to the design of the Executive Coach Training course.
As an ILM Centre, we are also able to supply ILM Recognised , ILM Level 5, ILM Level 7 and ILM Level 7 Diploma accreditation certificates for this course. For further details on the different types of certification, please click here.
Free membership of the Association for Coaching
Every participant on our courses receives 12 months’ membership of the Association for Coaching as an integral part of the course, free of charge.
This provides access to a wealth of information and support that is an invaluable benefit to those becoming professional coaches or looking to improve their leadership skills.
Membership benefits are the equivalent of the Association’s individual Associate level, listed here
Our approach to executive coach training
The style of our training is ‘learning by doing’. It focus on practical application rather than theory, and participants have the opportunity to practise coaching about real issues and to get feedback from our trainers and each other.
The course is divided into two modules. Between the two modules, participants are paired with a partner from the course, in order to practise their skills in a safe setting. This builds confidence and fluency, enabling participants to embed the new skills and use them fluently after the course is over.
Executive Coach Training Course dates
This course will be delivered virtually online through Zoom.
Training times: 09.00 – 16.00 UK time
SPRING COURSE 2023:
Module 1: March 2-4
Module 2: April 28-29
For further information email us on email@example.com or call 020 7022 4923
Executive Coach Training Course fees
The course fee is £2295+VAT.
CfPAC (Coaching for Performance Accredited Coach) certification is included in the price of the course.
We can also supply ILM Recognised, Level 5, Level 7, and Level 7 Diploma certificates. For details please visit our Coaching Accreditation page.
VAT: When applying for CfPAC or ILM Recognised Certificate, applicants not registered for VAT may pay a reduced rate which includes VAT for the course fee only. This concession is awarded at our discretion and does not apply to applicants sponsored by organisations registered for VAT. To find out if you are eligible please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships: In cases of hardship, for example unemployed or low-paid candidates, we occasionally award scholarship or reduced price course fees. Please email email@example.com to arrange for a phone interview if you believe you may be eligible for this.
NB: Please note that all VAT and price reduction concessions are available only for candidates requiring CfPAC and/or the ILM Recognised Certificate. If candidates wish to undertake ILM Levels certificates with us, either at the time of the course or later, the full course fees, block booking discounts and VAT on the concessions will become payable.
Reductions for block bookings: There is a reduction of £230 per booking for block bookings (two or more participants).
Reviews of the Executive Coach Training Course
- “A wonderful experience. A structured way of approaching coaching with new experiences, relationship building, personal fulfilment, content, tips, sharing. James was superb, thanks a lot! The Coaching Training was not only useful at that time, it is still the case today, with a lot of practice it helped me boost my Coaching experience” – Graciela Borasio, Global HR Director Finance & IS, PMI.
- “These were truly the best 5 days of professional training I’ve had so far.” – Uliana Oleynikova, Coach & Trainer.
- “The course was exceptionally well structured. I did an immense amount of research prior to registering – including having career transition coaching. This programme was suggested to me as (and I quote) ‘the most kosher one out there’! Carol’s publications (both her excellent book and article I read) also added weight and credibility. This is the kind of course that changes lives. Simple, well thought out and delivered beautifully. Bravo!” – Mandy Lehto, Performance Coach and Development Professional
- “I have entered this journey as a way to test the water and get closer to something I have always felt was close to my purpose. The coaching framework (and me being a coachee and a coach) has allowed me to shed light on quite a few blind spots and I feel now hooked to this experience and journey. Listen actively, keeping the framework and tools close, being detached as the key to being useful, but above all trusting the process and being my authentic self are the principles I take with me as I embark on this exciting path of knowing me and helping others along the way.” – Jose Enrique Gonzatti, Delivery Director Visa Managed Services for Europe.
- “Reflecting on all of these sessions, I can see that using the EXACT model to prioritise goal areas is vitally important, especially when the Coachee comes with such a broad goal, it is a great tool as it helps to structure the session and also allows you to move through the GROW model with all exploration being goal focussed.” – Malini Craig, Witton Park Academy
- “I actually really like the online format. Zoom works perfectly and it is great to be able to do this course from the comfort of my own home.” – Svenja Keller FPFS, Killik & Co UK.
- “The performance coaching course was absolutely fantastic. The balance of time spent on theory and practice was just right, first giving participants a flavour of the latest developments in coaching theory, deepening that understanding through informal discussion, and then putting it into practice. The relaxed environment James created made me feel at ease and really encouraged all participants to just give it a go. The course has really changed my way of working both through the skills I’ve learned and through the self-reflection that comes with coaching and being coached. It has also given me great clarity on my own goals – a real testament to the quality of the coaches James produced on this course!” – Kim Taylor
- “Having attended and delivered many training courses, this felt very different as you had lots of time to apply your learning and practice real life scenarios within a safe environment. A fantastic group of individuals with different life skills, experiences, cultural backgrounds and coming from near and far to learn, develop and grow. Wonderful to make new friends and learn so much in such a short space of time – thank you to everyone involved from James, Carol Wilson, Tracey and my fellow Coaches – we all rock!!!” – Andy Patel, Sales Capability Manager, Mars UK Chocolate Division
- “This was an excellent programme delivered in a very supportive, relaxed and intimate environment. Each day I could feel myself growing in ability and confidence in my coaching. A vital part of my learning development was being part of a group of fellow learners who brought with them a rich depth of experiences, knowledge and friendliness who were as much part of the learning environment as our facilitator. Our facilitator was very effective and in his easy-going style he stretched our minds and challenged our abilities. I am very glad I completed the programme and I am now eager to pursue further coaching relationships in my role in the NHS.” – Gary Tolometti, Learning and Leadership Programme Manager, Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
- “As a result of the programme I personally have addressed issues with a team member, started jogging and discussed work stream issues with my manager – all resulting in positive outcomes. I have used my new skills to coach people within the workplace and have a queue of people waiting.” – David Cooper
- “The course was excellent. It was enlightening, exciting and life changing. It was highly professionally run, inspirational, informative and with a great bunch of people. I was particularly impressed by the level of integrity exhibited by all concerned.” – Felicity Hawkins, Communications Consultant
- “I would recommend this programme to anyone interested in coaching. The materials are very readable and a useful resource; the trainers were fantastic and very willing to share experiences with us, and we got loads of time to practice. This learning was reinforced by the break before the final day when we were tasked with more practice. Superb!” – Janet Bell – Director HR Matters
- “As a participant of the Open Executive Performance Coach Training I have found the programme to be exceptionally well designed and delivered. Our very experienced and inspiring executive trainer James Wright has simply done an excellent job of providing us with all the necessary tools to be professional coaches.” – Uliana Oleynikova, Coach & Trainer.