Carol Wilson is a keynote speaker at conferences worldwide, delivering coaching and leadership keynotes, presentations and workshops at events including The HR Summit Budapest, HRD London, the Asian Emerging Leaders Summit Hong Kong, Guts for Change Mumbai, Catalyst Australia, the Coaching in Education Conference Hong Kong, and the China Executive Coaching Conference Shanghai. Carol can be seen on: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBdL8ltVzCvptmBx_T7exXA?feature=watch
Carol is a Fellow of the ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management), the Association for Coaching, and the Professional Speaking Association, is on the Global Advisory Panel at the Association for Coaching and is a Trustee to the non-profit MOE Foundation, where she provides free coach training programmes for underprivileged young people and the African Prisons Project.
She is a cross-cultural coaching specialist, won the ‘Change Leader of Tomorrow’ award by HRD Conferences Mumbai, and was nominated for ‘Influence in Coaching’ and ‘Impact in Coaching’ by the Association for Coaching. Her article “Developing a Coaching Culture” was chosen as a Highly Commended Award Winner at the Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2012.
She is the author of ‘Performance Coaching: a Complete Guide to Best Practice Coaching and Training” ’ (Kogan Page 2014) featuring forewords by Sir John Whitmore and Sir Richard Branson, and ‘The Work and Life of David Grove: Clean Language and Emergent Knowledge’ (Troubadour 2017). She is a contributing author to ‘Excellence in Coaching: The Industry Guide’, ‘The Handbook of Knowledge Based Coaching’, ‘Essential Life Coaching Skills’, ‘The Hidden History of Coaching’, ‘The World Book of Values’ and ‘The Handbook of Coaching and Feedback’, an internal publication at IKEA. She has written for a wide range of publications, including a monthly column for Training Journal, and is currently working on a doctorate in psychology at Middlesex University.
Carol’s purpose is to make coaching skills available to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay. She does this through her charity work and by providing scholarship places on our open courses.
Carol has advised on coaching culture strategy and designed coaching and leadership programmes in 33 countries for organisations including IKEA, Philip Morris, England Rugby,GE, IG, the NHS, the BBC, DSM, Kent County Council, Hilti and NCR.
She experienced the value of a coaching culture at first hand during a decade working at board level with Sir Richard Branson at Virgin. Later she held board level positions with Island Records, Warner Brothers and Polygram. During this time she signed many famous artists including Sting, The Buzzcocks, the Human League, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Martha and the Muffins, Tom Petty and Iggy Pop. Since entering the coaching field in 2000 she has studied with thought leaders including Nancy Kline and Tim Gallwey, and collaborated with the late Sir John Whitmore, who was a partner and co-designer in our open course company Performance Coach Training Ltd, and the late David Grove, founder of Clean Language..
Coaching and Leadership Keynotes and Presentations
- TRT World Television: the psychological profiles of Sir Richard Branson and Elon Musk.
- Coaching in Education Conference Hong Kong: Clean Language, Coaching Supervision, the Coaching-Mentoring-Managing Continuum, Leadership Archetypes
- Emerging Leaders Summit Hong Kong: Creating a Coaching Culture
- Human Asset Summit Budapest: Creating a Coaching Culture
- Guts To Change World HRD Conference Mumbai: Creating a Coaching Culture, a Global Perspective
- China Executive Coaching Conference Shanghai: The Coaching-Mentoring-Managing Continuum
- The Coaching Lab Bulgaria: Creating the South East Coaching & Mentoring Network
- World Business & Executive Coach Summit: Bullying in the Workplace
- World Business & Executive Coach Summit: Creating a Coaching Culture
- ESF English Schools Foundation Senior Leadership Conference Hong Kong: Creating a Coaching Culture & Conflict Resolution
- ICF Advance 2015 The Science of Coaching: Bullying in the Workplace – Nature or Culture?
- Conscious Business Summit: How to Create a Coaching Culture
- The Clean Conference London: Clean Coaching at the BBC
- HRD London: Creating a Coaching Culture
- World of Learning Birmingham: A Journey of Personal Development for Organisational Change
- Thomas Eggar Legal Services: Creating a Coaching Culture
- Social Employers Conference Glasgow: The Five Levels of Listening
- The TAS Group: Sales Growth through Coaching
- R.R. Donnelly: Leading Growth through Coaching
- Training Journal Awards: Judging Coaching Category
- Training Journal Conference: Clean Language
- Peer Awards: Coaching and Leadership keynote, and on leadership Judging panel
- Kent County Council: Clean Language & Coaching Supervision
- Catalyst Coaching Conference Sydney Australia
- Association for Coaching Debate: Can managers be effective coaches to their own teams?
- Coaching at Work Conference
- Association for Coaching Conference: Performance Sales Coaching
- Oxford School of Coaching & Mentoring Conference: EXACT goal setting
- The Coaching Foundation: Emergent Knowledge Workshop with David Grove
- Coaching for Performance Workshop with Sir John Whitmore in London
- AC Conference Scotland: Creating a Coaching Culture
- Global Security Services: Coaching and Leadership Seminar
- BCMS: Career Coaching keynote
- Surrey University: Leadership Day Seminar
- Brunel University: MBA Seminar
- Royal Bank of Scotland: Leadership Summit
- Payroll World Conference: Creating a Coaching Culture at Work
- London Coaching Group: Creating a Coaching Culture at Work and EXACT goal setting model
- Association for Coaching Conference: Expert Panel
- AME Info Business Radio, Dubai: Interview
- Showtime Dubai: Coaching and Leadership
- International Business Womens Group Dubai: Career Confidence
- Cranfield Business Growth Club: Creating a Coaching Culture
- HR Forum Aurora: Creating A Coaching Culture at Work
- York St John Business School Annual Lecture: Workplace coaching: a journey of personal development for organisational change
- CIPD Guildford: Hot Seat Coaching
- Dept for Education & Skills: A Celebration of Coaching
- International Coaching Summit: ROI in Executive Coaching Workshop
- Herbert Smith Solicitors Seminar: The Power Of Positive Thinking
Coaching and Leadership Broadcasts
- Sky News TV: Interview on resignation of Health Secretary Alan Milburn
- BBC Radio York: interview on coaching and leadership
- Association for Coaching Conversation with Carol Wilson in Spanish
- Aldershot Radio: Live coaching demonstration
If you are interested in bringing a coaching culture into your organisation, click here for details of our in-house courses.
For details of our coaching workshops and presentations click here.
For details of coaching keynotes and conference speaking click here.
Find out how to develop a Coaching Culture Strategy for your organisation here.
For Train the Coach Trainer click here.
We deliver in-house programmes worldwide and in all main business languages.
Download free coaching articles here.