Enable your staff to become Mental Health First Aiders on our Mental Health First Aid online courses, provided by MHFA England.
Our MHFA training is delivered by Nadine Robson, an instructor member for MHFA England, who is approved to deliver Adult MHFA courses. The Mental Health First Aid courses carry a certificate of attendance, and manuals are provided by MHFA England.
The courses are grounded in research and rigorous testing, with input from clinical experts, and those with lived experience of mental health issues.
There are three options:
- Mental Health Aware (4 hours)
- MHFA Champion (7 hours)
- Mental Health First Aid (18 hours)
Mental Health Aware (4 hours)
Tackle stigma and gain a basic knowledge of some common mental health issues and how to offer support to someone in distress. Delegates gain:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after their own mental health and wellbeing
- Awareness of how to offer support to someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
MHFA Champion (7 hours)
Equip people with the skills and confidence to spot when someone on their team is struggling and to know how and when to offer support. Delegates gain:
- An understanding of common mental health issues
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Ability to spot signs of mental health
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
Mental Health First Aid (18 hours)
Equip designated Mental Health First Aiders with skills to spot signs of a range of mental health issues and guide a person to appropriate support. Delegates gain:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including their own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress including guiding them to appropriate professional support
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
On all MHFA courses:
Delivery structures are flexible and we will work with you to fulfil your organisation’s requirements.
Everyone who attends a course receives a comprehensive manual full of information, resources and guidance, and a workbook of practical activities.
Everyone who completes a course receives a certificate of attendance from MHFA England.
Bespoke mental health awareness sessions are also available, including resilience workshops.
Reviews from delegates of Nadine Robson’s MHFA training:
“It was just right in terms of balance of learning together in the course and online ‘around’ the live sessions. It will really help me take steps in my workplace to improve the mental health awareness of my colleagues, as well as giving them me as a resource for Mental Health First Aid.”
“We covered a lot in a short time. The online materials were high quality and the videos in particular were helpful in understanding how people really feel and provided good material for discussion. It has changed my perception and awareness about mental health. It has made me particularly aware of the impact of language, listening and asking the right questions with regard to mental health. I would definitely recommend this course to others.”
“I am now a lot more confident of my ability to help someone experiencing mental health issues but not only that, I also feel that the knowledge and insight I have gained will help me generally as a manager.”
“Very well facilitated to allow full input from all attendees. Instructor had excellent knowledge. Impressive quality of on-line training materials. The course increased my confidence to approach people about mental health concerns and I would definitely recommend the course to others.”