Culture at Work supplies global manager as coach training and leadership programmes anywhere in the world in all main business languages, virtually and face-to-face. Our expert trainers are highly professional, charismatic, and excel in delivering a stimulating and fun learning experience in a safe environment. We have trainers who can deliver in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Dutch, Italian, Polish, Russian, Czech, Japanese, Chinese, Arabic and Greek.
Some members of our global coach training team:
We are currently or have recently delivered manager-as-coach training programmes in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Russia, Kazakhstan, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Africa, the Philippines, India, Australia, the United Arab Emirates, North and South America and Canada. We can deliver on-line or face-to-face programmes.
Countries where Culture at Work has delivered manager as coach training:
We are experts in cross cultural coach training and frequently find that the groups of managers we work with are from several different countries. Where the common language is English we can provide a trainer who is adept at speaking clearly and checking that everyone has understood each phase of the training. We can also provide training in the local language of the participants, or train your in-house trainers to deliver leader-as-coach training in their local language.
Click on the links to read case histories of some of the clients we have provided comprehensive global manager-as-coach training programmes to over the last 15 years. For a full list of organisations we have helped go to Our Clients
- PMI (Philip Morris International) the world’s largest supplier of tobacco and healthy alternatives.
- Hilti, the multi-national tools company.
- NCR (National Cash Registers), coach training combined with sales training.
- Alinma Bank, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Alice Smith School in Kuala Lumpur.
- IG Group – virtual training globally
In our experience, the language of coaching transcends cultural barriers – whatever their nationality, culture or area of work, when people speak ‘coaching’ they become more open, supportive, inclusive, and stronger leaders.
Key coach training team members:
James Wright MA(Hons) MSc, Head of Training
Keynote speaker James Wright, MSc, has worked with Carol Wilson since 2000, delivering coaching and leadership programmes to organisations all over the world. and is an expert in coaching in education. Previously James was an England National Team Volleyball Coach and Clinician where he created, coached and managed elite team-sport programmes and athlete talent pathways as well as training and mentoring hundreds of new coaches. During this time he simultaneously lectured at Leeds Metropolitan University on courses including Coaching, Mentoring and Leadership, and Social and Psychological Foundations of Physical Education and Sport, and later became a sales manager in the telecoms industry.
James has a BA (Hons) in Arabic and French and an MSc in Sports and Exercise Science (majoring in Sports Psychology). He is the author of Seven for a Secret (Fisher King 2007), a comforting coaching perspective for bereaved children aged 10 to 110, and Kid Pro Quo Essential Parent-Coaching Skills for Growing Confident, Cheerful Children (Fisher King 2013).
James is committed to the work of Amnesty International and speaks regularly in schools and colleges around the UK on its behalf. He also holds the voluntary position of Head of Training with charity The MOE Foundation, where he develops the training team and delivers coaching skills programmes to young people who have had challenging lives.
Wendy Oliver BA(Hons), Coach, Trainer and Coach Supervisor
Wendy Oliver has worked with us since 2002. She is a highly qualified executive coach, coach supervisor, facilitator and leadership trainer at senior manager and C-suite level. Since 1994, Wendy has supported teams, executives and organisations to achieve and excel in their aims through supporting and developing their people potential. Prior to that she gained her strong commercial approach working in senior sales management roles in the pharmaceutical and IT arenas; this experience supports her intuitive, inspiring and results oriented style.
Wendy is a Master Executive Accredited Coach and Assessor at the Association for Coaching, and holds membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD). She has delivered training and facilitation for us since 2011.
Wendy is passionate about the success of young people and works on a voluntary basis with the charity Youth at Risk, coaching teenagers.
Peter Long, Chartered MSCI, Business Consultant
Peter Long is a financial technical analyst. Following a long career as a stockbroker, city trader and wealth manager, Peter qualified as an ILM Performance Coach in 2016 and is Culture at Work’s Business Manager, involved in the financial, contractual and marketing aspects of the consultancy.
Dr Clara Seeger, PhD, multi-lingual coach, trainer, mindfulness and neuroscience specialist
Previously an investment banker in equities sales at UBS, Dr. Clara Seeger is a Mindfulness and Neuroleadership coach, corporate facilitator, speaker and author. She has worked with us since 2003, has an MSc in Neuroscience and Mindfulness, specialising in facilitating positive change through Mindfulness, applied Neuroscience, and Emotional Intelligence. Oxford-educated and with a PhD from King’s College London. Clara works with international companies across many sectors and countries, delivering mindfulness interventions, neuroscience-based leadership development, executive coaching and coach training, to help clients successfully navigate change whilst maximising focus, productivity and wellbeing.
Clara is the author of Mindfulness At Work In A Week: Learn To Be Mindful In Seven Simple Steps (Hachette UK, 2016), a practical and neuroscience-based introduction to mindfulness for the workplace. Her previous book Investing in Meaning – An Alternative Approach to Leveraging your Portfolio (Completely Novel, 2012), is a coaching book for helping professionals maximise their sense of meaning at work. She has also published numerous articles about coaching and neuroscience within the financial sector. Clara is tri-lingual, able to deliver coaching and training in Greek, German and English, and regularly delivers coaching and training workshops for us.
Allard de Jong, multi-lingual coach and trainer
Fluent in English, Spanish, French and Dutch, Allard has more than 15 years experience as a coach, trainer and leadership development consultant, and has worked with us for 10 years. Previously he worked as a corporate manager in marketing and consulting, covering a wide range of industries throughout Europe, North and South America and Asia. Allard delivers programmes for us all over the world including South America and Africa.
Jeffrey Wotherspoon BSc (Hons), Coach, Trainer, Facilitator, Conflict Resolution Specialist
Jeffrey Wotherspoon is a certified Executive Coach, Facilitator and Accredited High Risk Conflict Resolution Specialist, with a BSc (Hons) in Psychology. He is a member of the Association for Coaching, an ILM Endorsed Executive Performance Coach and has worked with us for six years.
Jeffrey coaches across a full range of professional roles from C-Suite to people starting their careers. He has coaching experience across multiple sectors with clients such as Sony Music Entertainment , GE Finnamore, National Education Union (NEU) and London & Quadrant Group (L&Q Group).
Jeffrey’s background is in youth work, with extensive experience in the criminal justice system. Over the years he has worked on the frontline with some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people who were involved with gangs, county lines and serious youth violence as well as working with adult high-risk offenders. He is committed to donating time to coaching and training people who would not normally have access to coaching, including young men in prison and under-represented young women. He is a Master Coach Trainer for the ‘MOE Foundation’; and a Trustee for ‘Peer Power’ Charity.
“I am very honoured to write a note of reference in respect of the exceptional skills of Jeffrey Wotherspoon as a coach. Jeffrey was comprehensively engaged with my thoughts and was quickly able to hear my expressions of concern and context and build a mind model that helped me see myself and the reality around me with a new perspective. Consequently, I was able to discuss in a very meaningful and mature way with him how I should look at and review concerns and how we can work through subsequent decision making. Jeffrey is truly an excellent man exhibiting comprehensive patience and a wise unflustered manner that not only allows rapid ease but also pulls you away from the immediate into the prospective redefined as more settled and yet more ambitious.” – Lord Dr Hastings of Scarisbrick CBE, former Global Head of Corporate Citizenship for KPMG International
Lynn Cox, coach, inspirational speaker and multi-sensory artist.
Completely blind since the age of 18, Lynn once thought she would rather die than lose her sight. Yet she has discovered the transformational qualities of darkness, with the imaginative and visualising opportunities it affords, and now creates workshops to help others explore its power. Lynn trained as a coach with us in 2012, and now delivers communication and leadership training sessions which take place in totally dark spaces, where the group creatively solve problems and, being right out of their comfort zones, learn how adaptable they are. Lynn specialises in working with people in the creative industries and is an Equalities/Diversity Trainer providing creative interactive training to many organisations including Tate Modern, Ambassador Theatre Group & Ikon Gallery. She is the instigator of Experiences in the Dark creative exhibitions and business workshops that give participants a different approach to life/problem solving. Lynn contributed a chapter to the Association for Coaching book ‘Diversity in Coaching’
Tracey Woodcock, Administration Manager
Tracey Woodcock manages client liaison, accounts, course bookings, logistics and enquiries. Always efficient and happy to help, Tracey is a key player in keeping our show on the road.
Some testimonials to our global manager as coach training team:
- “I have received the feedback that the first training session had quite a big impact on the participants! They were very pleased with you as a trainer (open, good examples and demonstrations, knowledgeable). And also they were very happy with the content of this first session: pragmatic. One feedback was even that it was the ‘best training ever’. And PM employees do have quite often the opportunity to attend a training, so this is absolutely a compliment.” – Joyce Heijgen, Manager HR Business Partner, Czech Republic, PMI
- “A wonderful experience. A structured way of approaching coaching with new experiences, relationship building, personal fulfilment, content, tips, sharing. James was superb, thanks a lot! The Coaching Training was not only useful at that time, it is still the case today, with a lot of practice it helped me boost my Coaching experience” – Graciela Borasio, Global HR Director Finance & IS, PMI.
- “I was very fortunate to have been a delegate on a Train the trainer Coaching Course that James Wright delivered and I would have no hesitation in recommending him or indeed participating on any future training course he should deliver. James has many strengths and is a very competent trainer/coach with a great personality and likeability. He knows how to engage with all types of people and I really liked the fact that both he and Carol really cared for us on our course and always had lots of time to guide and coach us even in the evenings or our down time. Carol and James had also made a huge effort to have a great knowledge of IKEA before starting our course, which showed a lot of dedication and a desire to understand and exceed our requirements.” – Jo Murphy, UK/IE Leadership Services Manager at IKEA.
- “The Manager-as-Coach program helped me to build the right mindset; not because it made conceptually sense to me, it is because I could implement my learning right away and see the impact on people. After five years, I regularly coach people from other functions, and the good news is, I still enjoy it and feel proud of myself – not something small 😊. At the same time, I could also use this program for my organization i.e. to enhance my team’s managerial capabilities and effectiveness by applying coaching leadership style. I must say, I am happy with the progress we had as HR Services organization. I take this opportunity to thank our partners for their super professional and effective coaching – it works and worth the effort.” – Can Kullukcu, Director HR Services PMI.
- “Great pace. Very clear to understand” – Emilie Diop, Rewards Manager, Nectar Loyalty.
- “James is very open, approachable and sets a good tone. Useful content and well structured. Good balance between practice, ‘teaching’ and group examples. Great content – very helpful and a great way to become more confident and adept at coaching.” – Liz Higgins, Commercial and Strategy Director, Nectar Loyalty.
- “Very relevant content and awesome explanation. James makes the training very exciting and motivating” – Pedro Ramos, Snr Planning Executive.
- “Highly skilled trainers who bond very well with both our stakeholders and participants.” – Gabriella Palotai, Head of Learning and Development, International Personal Finance, UK