Our Open Executive Performance Coach Training course includes everything required to become an accredited internal or external coach in an organisation, as well as enabling participants to become authentic coaching managers. The training learned can transform a manager’s leadership style, and the practice with other participants can bring about a change in self-awareness, energy, potential and personal impact at a profound level.
- Designed by coaches for coaches
- Structured to be practical, embed the skills for the long term and use participants’ time efficiently
- Uses best practices refined and shaped by the feedback of hundreds of executive attendees
- Based on the proven methods and use of unique and novel learning techniques
- 3 days + 2 days 4-6 weeks apart
- Practise assignments in between training modules
- The final day consists of individual oral assessments
- Coaching skills: listening, questioning, clarifying
- Permission Protocol
- The coaching-mentoring-managing continuum
- Goal setting
- Strategic action planning
- The GROW model
- Managing a coaching business
- Best practice in coaching
- Coaching supervision
- Self limiting beliefs
- Reference manual
- Worksheets for coach, client and assessment
- A choice of PCT Certificate, ILM Endorsed, Level 5 or 7 Certificate, or Level 5 or 7 Diploma
Our approach to coach training
The style of our coach training is ‘learning by doing’. It is a very practical approach in which participants have the opportunity to practise coaching about real issues and to get feedback from our trainers and each other.
The course is divided into two modules. Between the two modules, participants are paired with a coaching partner from the course, in order to practise their skills in a safe setting. This builds confidence and fluency, enabling participants to embed the new skills and use them fluently after the course is over.
We are an ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) Centre approved to deliver this course at Endorsed, Level 5, Level 7 and Diploma. The ILM is the UK awarding body for general and specialist management qualifications. It is the leadership arm of City & Guilds, which awards NVQ qualifications, and its awards are internationally recognised.
Additional fees are charged for ILM certification. Our own PCT certification is included in the cost of the course.
Our coaching principles are based on the late Sir John Whitmore’s time honoured, “Coaching for Performance” and Carol Wilson’s “Performance Coaching: A Complete Guide to Best Practice Coaching and Training” (Kogan Page 2014), which draws on her 25 years’ experience as a corporate MD and Board Director, 10 of them reporting directly to Sir Richard Branson, famous for his coaching style of management. For more details see Sir John Whitmore and Carol Wilson.
This course is accredited by the Association for Coaching and recognised by Portsmouth University Business School.
Participants who would benefit from this course
- Managers at all levels in the workplace
- Executives wishing to become internal executive coaches
- Learning and Development Heads
- HR Executives
- Consultants wishing to enhance their coaching skills or add coaching to their portfolio
- People wishing to coach in any area: coaching skills are fundamental and as well as being useful in organisations can be applied to any field, eg personal, health, fitness, education, finance and running a small business..
The next course runs on the following dates:
Module 1 (3 days): 15-17 March
Module 2 (2 days): 27-28 April
Times: 9.30am – 5.00pm
Course venue – Linden House – Hammersmith, London, W6 9TA
Linden House is a Grade II listed Georgian riverside venue that stands on the North Bank of the River Thames between Hammersmith and Chiswick. The training is delivered in The Commodore’s Room, a light and airy room with fabulous views of the Thames (the three windows on the first floor in the top left of the photo).This historic house is also the clubhouse for the London Corinthian Sailing Club and the Sons of the Thames Rowing Club.
Contact us to find out more
Course fee: £1,500 + VAT (total: £1,800) 10% reduction for block bookings (2 or more): £1,350 + VAT (total: £1,620)
VAT concession: Individuals and small business owners not registered for VAT can pay a reduced rate including VAT. This concession is awarded at our discretion and does not apply to applicants sponsored by their organisations. Unfortunately we are unable to offer a VAT concession on the cost of ILM certification. To find out if you are eligible please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarships: In cases of hardship, for example unemployed candidates, we occasionally award scholarship or reduced price places. Please email Tracey Woodcock on email@example.com for a phone interview if you believe you may be eligible for this.
How to book: Call +44 (0) 20 7022 4923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org