Our ILM Certified Open Performance Coach Training course includes everything required to become a coach, whether internal or external, as well as enabling participants to become authentic coaching managers. The training is based on the time-honoured GROW model, and the practice with other participants can bring about a change in self-awareness, energy, potential and personal impact at a profound level.
The Performance Coach Training course is:
- Designed by coaches for coaches
- Structured to be practical, embed the skills for the long term and use participants’ time efficiently
- Uses best practices refined and shaped by the feedback of hundreds of attendees
- Based on the proven methods such as the GROW model, and the use of unique and novel learning techniques
Performance Coach Training Course Structure:
- Three days + two days, four to six weeks apart
- Practise assignments in between training modules
- The final day consists of individual oral assessments
Performance Coach Training Course Deliverables:
- Coaching skills: listening, questioning, clarifying
- Permission Protocol
- The coaching-mentoring-managing continuum
- Goal setting
- Strategic action planning
- The GROW model
- Managing a coaching business
- Best practice in coaching
- Coaching supervision
- Self limiting beliefs
- Reference manual
- Worksheets for coach, client and assessment
- A choice of our own PCT Certificate, ILM Endorsed, Level 5 or 7 Certificate, or Level 5 or 7 Diploma
Our approach to performance coach training
The style of our performance coach training is ‘learning by doing’. It is a very practical approach in which participants have the opportunity to practise coaching about real issues and to get feedback from our trainers and each other.
The course is divided into two modules. Between the two modules, participants are paired with a coaching partner from the course, in order to practise their skills in a safe setting. This builds confidence and fluency, enabling participants to embed the new skills and use them fluently after the course is over.
ILM Certified Coach Levels
We are an ILM Centre approved to deliver this course at ILM Endorsed, ILM Level 5, ILM Level 7 and ILM Diploma. The ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) is the leading UK awarding body for general and specialist management qualifications. It is the leadership arm of City & Guilds, which awards NVQ qualifications, and its awards are internationally recognised.
Additional fees are charged for ILM certification. Our own PCT certification is included in the cost of the course. For details of the different types of certification click here
Performance Coach Training Course Credentials
Our coaching principles are based on the late Sir John Whitmore’s time honoured, “Coaching for Performance” and Carol Wilson’s “Performance Coaching: A Complete Guide to Best Practice Coaching and Training” (Kogan Page 2014), which draws on her 25 years’ experience as a corporate MD and Board Director, 10 of them reporting directly to Sir Richard Branson, famous for his coaching style of management. For more details see Sir John Whitmore and Carol Wilson.
As well as the ILM, the Performance Coach Training course is accredited by the Association for Coaching and recognised by Portsmouth University Business School.
People who would benefit from Performance Coach Training:
- Managers at all levels in the workplace
- Executives and independent practitioners wishing to become a coach
- Learning and Development Heads
- HR Executives
- Consultants wishing to enhance their coaching skills or add coaching to their portfolio
- People wishing to coach in any area: coaching skills are fundamental and as well as being useful in organisations can be applied to any field, eg personal, health, fitness, education, finance and running a small business..
Module 1 (3 days): 18-20 October
Module 2 (2 days): 30 Nov – 1 Dec
Times: 9.30am – 5.00pm
Course venue – Linden House – Hammersmith, London, W6 9TA
Linden House is a Grade II listed Georgian riverside venue that stands on the North Bank of the River Thames between Hammersmith and Chiswick. The training is delivered in The Commodore’s Room, a light and airy room with fabulous views of the Thames (the three windows on the first floor in the top left of the photo).This historic house is also the clubhouse for the London Corinthian Sailing Club and the Sons of the Thames Rowing Club.
Course fee: £2290 + VAT (total: £2748).
ILM Endorsed Certificate: £99+VAT (total £118.80)
10% reduction for block bookings (2 or more).
VAT concession: Individuals and small business owners not registered for VAT can pay a reduced rate including VAT. This concession is awarded at our discretion and does not apply to applicants sponsored by their organisations. Unfortunately we are unable to offer a VAT concession on the cost of ILM certification. To find out if you are eligible please email us.
Scholarships: In cases of hardship, for example unemployed or low-paid candidates, we occasionally award scholarship or reduced price places. Please email us to arrange for a phone interview if you believe you may be eligible for this.
How to book: Call +44 (0) 20 7022 4923 or email us.
If you are interested in bringing Performance Coach Training into your organisation, click here for details of our in-house courses.
For details of our coaching workshops and presentations click here.
For details of coaching keynotes and conference speaking click here.
Find out how to develop a Coaching Culture Strategy for your organisation here.
For Train the Coach Trainer click here.
We deliver in-house programmes worldwide and in all main business languages.
Download free coaching articles here.