Multi cultural training for participants from Poland, Romania, Czech Republic, Mexico, Hungary and Slovakia
IPF has a hierarchical structure of management supervising sales reps in the field. IPF wished to:
- train their Learning & Development trainers to deliver a 2 day coaching skills course to managers in their local languages of Polish, Czech, Slovakian, Romanian and Spanish
- enhance managers’ skills at motivating their teams
- integrate coaching skills into the managers’ everyday management style.
- improve the skills of managers in providing feedback
- 2 days of coaching skills training, with emphasis on feedback skills, for 30 L&D trainers on the Performance Coach Management Course. Our trainers ensured they spoke slowly and clearly, as the participants had varying levels of skill in speaking English, and they allowed time to discuss cross cultural issues.
- 3 days training for the IPF trainers on the Train the Trainer Course, where they learned to deliver the 2 day Performance Coach Management course, followed by 6 conference calls on issues such as cross cultural coaching, followed by 2 days further training.
- Participants were paired to practise face to face and by phone in between sessions.
- A comprehensive workbook was provided for both courses including a 40 page trainers’ script
- Assessment and accreditation for the managers on the Performance Coach Training (Train the Trainer) course:
- 20 minutes live coach training assessment
- 300 word case history
- Evidence of having a regular coach mentor/supervisor
- One to one external coaches provided as required.
All participants passed their assessments and are now delivering the 2 day Performance Coach Management courses in their own languages throughout Eastern Europe, the UK and Mexico.
“Perfect! My most valuable takeaways are GROW model, EXACT model, the Five Levels of Listening and the Feedback model, and that I can use these skills to coach myself.” – course participant.