Advanced coach training workshop
In order to respond to the many and varied situations which arise during the practice of executive coaching, this advanced coach training workshop has been designed to provide experienced coaches with a range of additional tools and models to draw upon. Some are more suitable for use in formal coaching sessions and others for manager-as-coach. Most of the topics can be extended and run as one-day courses on their own, including Mindfulness at Work, Clean Language, Team Development, Neuroscience in Coaching, Coaching Skills Review, Managing Difficult Conversations, Somatic Coaching, Kotter’s Eight Steps to Change, the OK Corral, and Leadership Archetypes.
The style of the training is highly interactive. Participants will have plenty of co-coaching opportunities to practise working with the tools, to discuss best practice issues, the use of the tools, and to ask questions.
Participants receive a manual or handout with a summary of each tool.
If you are looking to enhance your coaching skills, improve your management techniques, or learn new skills for managing those difficult conversations, this is an excellent way to add to your toolbox. Click here for a case history of this course.
This course is currently run as an in house option only, not as an open course.
Deliverables of Advanced Coach Training
Guided by the trainer, participants gain practical experience of a selection of the following tools:
- Change management (including John Kotter’s 8-step change model)
- Mindfulness at work
- Values questionnaire
- Leadership archetypes
- Body language & somatic coaching
- Unconscious bias
- Managing difficult conversations
- Limiting beliefs
- Coaching in the moment
- Neuroscience in coaching
- The OK Corral
- The Drama Triangle
- Generative Thinking meeting
- Personality types
- Cross-cultural team building
- Coaching skills review
- Nancy Kline’s Thinking Environment
- David Grove’s Clean Language (coaching with metaphor)
Structure of Advanced Coach Training
The Advanced Coach Training Workshop can be delivered either face to face or remotely:
- Two to four face-to-face days over four to eight weeks, with paired practice in between to embed the learning;
- In two parts, each part comprising one or two face-to-face days plus two further days, or a follow up distance session one month later;
- As one or more remote workshops, each comprising two two-hour sessions, delivered one month apart.
In all cases, participants will be paired up to practise in between, over four practise assignments for each module
Style of Learning
- live demonstrations by trainers
- interactive practice by participants
- interactive exercises among participants
- real-plays, where participants practise with their own workplace situations
- a safe and fun learning environment
- fast paced and challenging
For further information on Advanced Coach Training, email us or call 020 7022 4923.
Develop a coaching culture in your own workplace
ILM Accredited Coaching and Mentoring courses
Coaching and Mentoring workshops
Leading Without Formal Authority training
Unconscious Bias workshops
Mental Health First Aid workshops
Neuroscience in Emotional Intelligence workshops
Coaching Keynotes and Conference Speakers
Train the Coach Trainer
Coaching Supervision workshops
Open Performance Coach Training courses